Are you desperate for God's help?


 Our Pastor David Posey was desperate for God's help this week with regard to his own Dad's desperate need and this is how he cried out to God for help~ 


 PLEASE If you are desperate for God right now, make this your prayer too!



Pastor David writes...

"His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love." Psalms 147:10,11
I bring my desperate heart to God in prayer. My only shred of hope is found in verses 10 and 11 of Psalm 147. 

...Will you join me as I converse with God over these words.

Lord, I feel very vulnerable right now. In this moment there is no temptation to misplace my trust. There is not enough strength in the horse or the legs of a man to make me feel safe. In fact, there is no adequate help in the entire universe. The need is too big and no person or thing is capable of answering. Right here and right now you alone will suffice. Only the One who gave life is able to sustain and keep it. Only our maker is powerful enough to be a savior. The question is, "will you"? If so, what will it take to secure your favor and cause you to act on our behalf. Do we have to say just the right words? Do we have to put together just the right phrases or produce the perfect arguments? Do you really have to be talked into rescuing us this way? Certainly you are not that reluctant. I can't imagine you need coaxing. You are our Father. I too am a father. If I heard my own child crying out in the street, I would drop everything and rush out the door to help. I would never remain in the house until I heard just the right words or phrases or arguments. I wouldn't wait until I heard just the right amount of intensity or desperation before I leaped into action. I wouldn't look to see if my child had enough confidence in me before I moved toward him or her in love. Their cry would be more than enough to make me rush toward them and snatch them out of harm's way. I am so in love with my children I long to protect them, rescue them, and comfort them. Am I superior to you? Love moves even a selfish person like myself to constantly intervene on behalf of my children. Should we expect less from you? You not only have the power and ability, you also have a love that is infinitely greater than ours. 

So what must we trade you to move you into action. We stare an unknown future in the face? Actually, its worse than unknown. It's frightening. It leaves us anxious, worried, confused, hurt, and desperate. We feel alone and helpless. How can we face what is before us? The verse before us is telling us there is only one demand or condition. You simply want us to count on your love coming through for us. Your love is described as "steadfast". It's undying, never failing, always in effect. It's always operative and always casting the deciding vote. It's your love that has led us here and it's only your love that can lead us out of here. Our only hope is your love. Will you prove your love in a mighty rescue? A mighty deliverance? A glorious healing? A peace and comfort that defy all our fears? Will you grant an awareness of your presence along with a strong and courageous spirit that enables one to endure? Bring glory to yourself and joy to your people as you do for us what horses and legs could never do. Isn't this the kind of story you write? Haven't you set up so many similar scenes before? The time is ripe and the stage is set and our hearts are hoping. Come and surprise us with a new mercy. Your mercies are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness!

In the mighty name of Jesus,

Amen

David Posey is one of the pastors of our church  River Oaks Community Church  St Augustine, FL
http://www.riveroakscc.org
https://www.facebook.com/pages/River-Oaks-Community-Church/115479261861962

Comments

Popular Posts