remnants...



what remains, 
residue
a piece 
a fragment,
a surviving trace.

Today this word resonates.... 
I look at my coffee table and there sitting upon it are two remnants. They should have been put in there proper places days ago, but there they sit. I haven't really  purposefully dealt with them. What are they you ask? Well one is a child’s charm to a little girls princess bracelet and the other a part from a “K’NEX’s building set. Both silly little things to most, but meaningful to me.
 One is a reminder of two little precious people I miss pretty much on a daily basis, being that they live 3000 miles west of me. Yet Im thankful for each time we are reunited. The other a K'nex building piece,  reminding me of two brothers, one older and one much younger who independent of one another because of their age difference spent many industrious hours building with them. The K'nex have actually long been ignored until recently, when the somewhat new role of “Uncle” in a way, granted permission to the younger brother to return to the beloved building toy and resurrect it’s value in order to share it with his two little curious nieces.

These remnants on my coffee table, evidences of change and moving on. It is in these times, of missing pieces and what remains, that I am  compelled towards the one constant, that doesn't change in my life and that's the goodness of God. I turn to his  goodness and loving presence and there I am comforted. His goodness  has followed me thus far all the days of my life, and no doubt will continue to urge me ever onward...

Comments

Popular Posts