A Happy Mothers Day...


   These three bring me the deepest joy.
 I love you more...
 Jeremiah, Katie, and Hudson Shaw

                               

I had a crazy spontaneous idea to go up and spend Mothers day with my own precious Mom, since my youngest was away for the weekend on a Sea Cadet training and John had work to finish up. I'm so glad I went... These "twilight" days with mom are fleeting... She slips away little by little and I don't want to look back at the "end of her race" on this earth with any regrets! She has been my dearest friend... So off to GA I went and I'm so glad I did.
                                 

It's always a pretty drive there...








          
S U R P R I S E...Momma! <3

There were "treats" ...mom LOVES her treats! My niece Emma made this fun collage!
                

 We took her to visit the botanical gardens, though getting around is more difficult I think she appreciated the beauty and fun....



                                 
My sister Darby has taken such beautiful care of Mom... She's my hero! I snapped this photo of her and Mom as we drove home... So sweet!



 Standing by Words
  Wendell Berry
"It may be that when we no longer know what to do we have come to our real work, 
and that when we no longer know which way to go we have come to our real journey.

The mind that is not baffled is not employed.

The impeded stream is the one that sings."



Oh that turbulent place between sorrow and trust where we cling to a hand of one greater than ours, where we are sure our hearts would break with the weight of our grief, when we watch life slip away before our very eyes of a loved one and can do nothing but sadly sing a comforting hymn into the night... as I sang tonight over mom, sending her peacefully into quieted sleep, I sat knowing our heavenly Papa could end her suffering with one touch of his mighty, beautiful, healing hand. But this night,instead......only the quiet steady breathing of Momma as she peacefully goes into the night.



   sing... 

Oh you babbling brook, you trickling stream, you mighty rushing river! 
...I have always loved your song.


                        ...what song will i be singing when i come to the end of my days...
   



                           
                                                       Daisys...Moms favorite

                                             

Comments

Popular Posts