Are you living your best life?



Spending time with the Lord this morning on my back porch I was drawn to looking at this tree... In the south these oak trees are loaded with this moss. You would think that this tree is dead or close to it. But in reality it is alive and can live compatibly with this moss growing all through it. There is a big part of me that really wants to free this young oak from the weight and tyranny of this parasite! As a matter of fact i could hire a tree service to come help or for that matter clearing it of its burden myself, though its loaded with tiny creatures that cause itching called chiggers and its a REALLY tough job!! 

As I sat contemplating these thoughts I felt the impression that the Lord was speaking to me.....  

....I senced him saying there are many of my children who are not living their best life. For whatever reason you have allowed the mossy parasites of this world to entangle, encroach and bind you up
like this moss is doing to this tree. So much so that the parasites have become a familiar, accepted part of your life! 

Are you living your best life? Are you living an abundant life? Or have you settled and become atrophied... Where did you stop expecting God to do a deep work in your heart, in your life? When did you become friends with the things that have dragged you away from His goodness and His best for you?  This tree will live, but not abundantly. 

Isn't it time to let go of the things entangling you and keeping you from abundant life?

contemplate these things...

I am here, I will guide you to a path of freedom and renewal, it you will just let go of what is suffocating the life from you. 

-your loving father!


and btw my heart was challenged by what I was hearing


Exerpts from  the gospel of John 10…

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly...Jesus 

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.   The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.... says Jesus





Comments

Popular Posts