How the H@#$ do you spell Alzhiemers anyway!

I have to look up the stupid word every time i try to write it!! See i got it wrong AGAIN!!  If any of you have had a loved one with this disease you'll understand. Im so tired and I have only been with my Mom for the last 8 days!  But in the words of Alison Krauss as she sings right now,"Faith can see right through the circumstance, sees the forest in spite of the trees, your grace provides for me." ....and once again Im drawn back to my faith by the one who is providing me strength and grace to manage this path Im journeying on in this moment. I am privileged to care for my precious Mom and I know one day I will look back on this time and be grateful to God for it....wow how a post can change! I had intended to rant and then a simple song comes on and reels me back in off the slippery slope I was about to head down !! 

That's the beauty of faith in the very real and present help of God, a loving father. His spirit is constantly rescuing me from myself! 

I just want to say if you landed here because a search engine picked up on the Alzheimers word (see I got it wrong again!!) Then maybe you needed a little encouragement! Hang in there friend , what you are doing by caring for one with this disease is a NOBLE thing! You may not have had someone tell you that before, or felt encouraged....But what you are doing is laying down your life for your friend (parent, grandparent, sister, brother, aunt, wife...) and God is pleased with your kindness.

...let these words to Alison's song encourage you.



In The Palm Of Your Hand
by Allison Krauss

If I could have the world and all it ownsA thousand kingdoms, a thousand thronesIf all the earth were mine to holdWith wealth my only goal

I'd spend my gold on selfish thingsWithout the love that Your life bringsJust a little bit more is all I'd need'Til life was torn from me

I'd rather be in the palm of Your handThough rich or poor I may beFaith can see right through the circumstanceSees the forest in spite of the treesYour grace provides for me
If I should walk the streets no place to sleepNo faith in promises You keepI'd have no way to buy my breadWith a bottle for my bed

But if I trust the One who died for meWho shed His blood to set me freeIf I live my life to trust in YouYour grace will see me through

I'd rather be in the palm of Your handThough rich or poor I may beFaith can see right through the circumstanceSees the forest in spite of the trees Your Grace provides for me

Comments

Popular Posts