Listen Up


today's walk
Today I took a walk on the beach but before I did I had decided to add an app to my iPhone. I have been thinking about adding a new bible app for a while. This one is called Bible Gateway by Zondervan. mt=8https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible-gateway/id506512797?mt=8 It's FREE too and comes with a lot of neat options. One of which is to listen to the bible being read to you. I usually listen to music, but today , I randomly chose this idea instead. So I downloaded the app and headed out to the beach for some much needed exercise and time communing with God. 

After a bit of thought I decided to listen to the the book of Acts. This app gives a few listening options so I chose to listen to a British reader, Max McLean (because I love the accent). Max began reading the book of Acts, except today as he read to me it ceased being the "BOOK" of Acts and became the "STORY" of the early church! 

Now I am sure I am greatly behind the times on this one, never having listened to the bible being read to me! But I have to say it was such a unique way of processing scripture, listening as I walked. Being read the story of the formation of the early Christian church read like a novel! I  was so engrossed I walked all the way through 14 chapters it was so interesting.

When you think about it, how rarely do we read an entire book of the Bible in one sitting? We usually disect our reading, randomly reading bits and pieces here and there, right? Maybe some of us are poor readers and give up trying to pronounce all the difficult descriptive words of ancient places and names within the bible. Maybe some of us spend more time trying to read it correctly that we miss so much of the deeper meanings hidden within. These are some of the reasons to let someone else read it to you and you just simply listen.

If you have a way to listen to the "audio" Bible, you should! (and be sure to have a really good reader, preferably a Brit :) 

....and the next time you have a stretch of time, either driving, flying or exercising, for me it's walking...go ahead and take your iPod or phone and listen as the scripture come alive.

 I 'm hooked!
Bible Gateway
 by Zondervan
Bible App for the iPhone called:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible-gateway/id506512797?mt=8

Comments

Popular Posts