The long way


When a loved one suffers alzheimer's you suffer Alzheimer's. Of late my heart has been heavy as I find myself walking this path with my mother, the dearest most precious  friend i have had in this life. I never imagined I'd be walking this way with her.

..where I find courage is the reality i am not walking it alone. My family walks this way too and it is in their strength and love that I find courage.

My faith sustains me... "Dum spiro spero" (While I breathe, I hope)

I leave you with this beautiful quote of one who has walked this same path...


...what I learned from my mother going through similar circumstances,
is to try to be IN the moment with her
...she was not weighed down by things in the past, 
and she had no concerns about tomorrow
...she eventually just lived "in the moment"
as we ALL  should!
n. soucy

Comments

Popular Posts