When God reveals a part of Himself


                                        
So the other day I was watching a movie called " Eat, Pray, Love"  about a woman's truth seeking journey. Though i don't adhere to the beliefs emphasized in it, God certainly used a pivotal scene in it to rend my heart and reemphasize a biblical spiritual truth to me.
Let me set up the scene...a Brazilian father is having to say good bye to his twenty something year old son (who resembles his Irish mother more than his father)  after enjoying a good visit together.
As the son and father are parting ways the father begins to cry.  Feeling quite silly knowing a new friend is off to the side observing this parting as well. He embarrassingly explains that being overcome with sadness happens every time he has to part ways with his children.
Trying to regain composure he pulls his son to him for one final hug and sends him on his way. As his boy goes to leave his father he realizes with regret, he didnt get the kiss his Pappa more often than not would force upon him since childhood. And jokingly, but desiring it all the same,  reminds his father..."what dont i get a kiss?"
The father, wiping away tears, pulls his beloved child back into his embrace kissing him fully and holding him tight.....pausing for a moment and then sending him on his way
The person in the movie observing this father/ son moment knew she had just been witness to something of the sacred and was profoundly moved.
.....as I sat watching this scene i too knew i had witnessed something of the sacred as well and in the moments that followed began to sense in my own spirit a heavenly whisper..."that is my Father's love and heart for you my beloved one"
I tried not to rush out of that moment and let this truth sink in...
in my heart of hearts i know i have a very present, very loving heavenly father who pulls me to himself, though i am good at pushing Him away....He loves me fully... as He does you

Comments

Popular Posts